Friday, March 30, 2012

Conflict resolved!

Ok, so I was conflicted on whether  I was going to buy a giant male for Gwen or get a girl for Parlo, or sell Gwen all together.  Welp, I ended up finding a Giant male for Gwen (Giant halfmoon plakat), still havent gotten him in yet, he should be 3 inches long; AND I bought 6 betta (dont know what sex each is) from a red marble spawn, that is about 8 months old.  There hopefully will be a girl for Parlo I like in that group, maybe a red and white marble!  I HOPE!  The guy keeps his fry (even at 8 months old) together in one tank! Sounds kinda cruel to me, because they will obviously fight to the death, but atleast when they get here I will give them a good home.  I will have to seperate them all to get them less stressed, and condition them for spawning.  Dont know what I will do if any of them are not breeder material, I may give them to my mother for her fish tank.  I simply hate cambodians, and there is a very good chance I am going to get some from this purchase.  VERY excited about the Giant male, because he is a Red dragon just like Gwen, and she is getting more and more ready for spawning! I have her eating wax worms every two days (they are fatty) and she seems to love it!
Leo - my sickly betta, Gwen had torn his fins, she simply wasnt ready to mate, plus she is 1/3 bigger then him, and he is a wimp.  He seems a little more active now, but I doubt I will breed him.  The guy I purchased him from has all mediocre fish, and I really dont want mediocre fry, But Gwen should make handsome giant fish, and Parlos babies should be magnificent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment