Saturday, April 28, 2012

Update on spawning and new tanks

Ok, so I believe a fungus or bacteria took over the fry (possibly was on the Indian almond leaf that I put in with mom and dad right before they spawned) and there was no survivors :(.  Practice makes perfect right? Welp its only been about a week BUT Gwen has already striped up again (I dont know how) and her and Titan are in the spawning tank again, hopefully they get to spawning soon, Titan already built the nest.  On another note, I got a ten gallon tank and a 20 or 30 gallon tank from a lady in North Vernon (im pretty sure its a 20 gallon).  Going to clean them up and get accessories for them.  The ten gallon already has a light hood, do not know if it works yet or not. The ten gallon also came with a stand, not a pretty one, so it will just go in the betta room, it will not be used somewhere else in the house.  I will probably display the 20 gallon in the dining room.  Hoping to make the 20 gallon a planted tank, with beautiful plants and moss.  If I get a picture or video of Gwen and Titan spawning again I will post later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment